Sunday 23 September 2012

Butter London 'Trout Pout'

'Trout Pout' seems a little darker on the nail then in the bottle

With summer slowly fading away and autumn creeping up on us i've been trying to wear as many bright and happy colours on my nails as I can before I retire them until next spring. 'Trout Pout' was a colour that I heard a lot about before I actually managed to get my hands on it. 

2 coats of 'Trout Pout'

 This polish applies really nicely, 2 coats and it was fully opaque. There was no streaking and the consistency seems just right to me. It also dried to a really glossy finish without a top coat but I added one anyway to make it last a little longer. The colour appears quite creamy on the nail, I think it would suit and flatter many different skin types and be quite versatile.


For some reason this colour reminds me of Mad Men or something. Butter's website describes it as "pale and retro, this opaque cantaloupe nail lacquer looks great on anyone." I totally agree with this; it's a light pink  with a tinge of coral but it's very definitely a pink. It's quite unique to me, the closest things I have to it are Chanel 'Distraction' and Revlon 'Coral Reef' but these are darker with more orange in them.

Close-up of 'Trout Pout'

I think this is a colour that i'll wear for many years, I think it will be particularly lovely for spring-time, I can really imagine this being a good easter colour. Sadly, I think I will be putting this away for the autumn and winter after only using it once but i'll be excited to pick it up again next year. I'm happy to report that this polish well and truly lived up to the hype that surrounds it, it seems to me that is the perfect spring and summer polish, I just wish i'd got my hands on it earlier in the year!



So there you go! What do you think of 'Trout Pout'?

No comments:

Post a Comment